Highlands Preschool Policies Fees, Withdrawals and Class Changes
1. Registration Fee: A Registration Fee of $75 per child is due at the time of registration and is non-refundable.The Registration Fee is payable through PayPal.
2. Non-Refundable Deposit:To confirm your child/children’s enrolment at Highlands Preschool, a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit equal to one month’s tuition will be required and is payable via PayPal.You will receive an email from our Registrar confirming your child(ren)’s class placement, specifying the due date for the non-refundable deposit and containing further registration instructions.The deposit is non-refundable and is forfeited in all cases of withdrawal from the school, including withdrawal prior to the commencement of the school year, during the school year, or upon failure to provide tuition payments as described below.If your child completes the school year with Highlands Preschool, the school will apply the non-refundable deposit to pay June’s tuition.
3. Tuition Payments: Post-dated tuition cheques must be received by the school by June 30, 2017. Payments may be made in any of the following ways: 9 (nine) post-dated monthly cheques from Sept. 1, 2017 through May 1, 2018; OR 1 (one) cheque dated September 1, 2017 for tuition through May 1, 2018 (9 months); OR 3 post-dated cheques, each for 3 months of tuition, dated September 1, 2017, December 1, 2017 and March 1, 2018.Failure to provide post-dated tuition cheques by June 30, 2017 will forfeit your child’s spot in the Preschool.
4. Early Withdrawal: For all withdrawals from the date of the payment of your non-refundable deposit to and including August 31, Highlands Preschool will retain your non-refundable deposit.
For all withdrawals from and including September 1, Highlands Preschool requires one full calendar month’s written notice (the “Notice Period”) to be received by the 1st day of the month preceding the month of withdrawal. Tuition is payable and will be charged during the Notice Period; however, your child is still enrolled and is welcome to attend school during the Notice Period. All outstanding tuition payments will be refunded, excluding the non-refundable deposit (see information above regarding the non-refundable deposit).
Notice of withdrawal is to be delivered to our Director or Registrar by hand, mail, or email.
The only exception to this is for children enrolled in the Two Year Old Class. While we prefer one full month’s written notice, in consideration of the young age of the children in the Two Year Old Class, we will waive the notice requirement if we are able to fill the spot within the month your child leaves the program.A refund will be given as of the date the spot is filled.
5. Probationary Notice:If, despite Highlands Preschool’s best efforts, the school is not a good fit for your child, the school reserves the right to give your family one month’s probationary notice. For this month, the Director will customize a plan to further help your child.Parents must be willing to work with the school to implement the decided upon plan or may choose to withdraw immediately. If at the end of the month the situation does not improve you will be required to withdraw from the school.
6. Class Changes:Students who did not receive their first choice of classes will be permitted to move to another class if a space becomes available before October 31.After October 31, any vacancies will be offered to families outside the preschool.
7. Late Pick-Up Charge: Children are to be picked-up immediately upon dismissal.Failure to pick-up your child within 15 minutes of classroom dismissal time will result in a Late Pick-Up Charge of $30.00 per child; any late pick-up after 30 minutes post class dismissal will result in a Late Pick-Up Charge of $50.00 per child.Parents will be invoiced for this charge by email and payment is due to Highlands Preschool immediately upon receipt of invoice.
8. Missed Payments: There is a $25 administration charge for any missed payments in addition to any banking charges incurred to the preschool.If three missed payments are incurred, we require payment by cash for all future months.Alternatively, we may request the withdrawal of the child from the school.Please note that if you change financial institutions you will need to inform the Executive Director and update your post-dated cheques to ensure proper payment and not incur any administration charges.
Are you considering enrolling your child at Highlands Preschool in a future year? Add your child’s name to our Pre-Registration List now! We have a first-come, first-served registration procedure for new families of two, three and four-year-olds. Each year, class placement for new students is determined by the date they are placed on the Pre-Registration List.
Add your child to the pre-registration list now
You will receive a confirmation email shortly after. We have a first come, first serve registration procedure for new families of two, three and four-year-olds. Class placement for new students is determined by the date they are placed on the registration list.
Register online in January
If you are on our pre-registration list, you will be notified of registration dates prior to registration. Registration begins in January the same year your child begins the preschool year. The $75 non-refundable deposit is due at time of registration.
Receive class information and monthly tuition payment options.
If we are able to offer you a space in one of our programs, we will contact you with class placement information and instructions for completing the registration process. If we do not have a space available for your child in your class of choice, your child will be placed on a waitlist for this class.
Open House - Registration Information SessionDecember 6, 2017 l 3:30 pm - 6:30 pmHighlands Preschool, 3255 Edgemont Blvd, North Vancouver, BC V7R 2P1, Canada
Please join us for a tour of the school and more information on current year registrations as well as the 2018/19 year.